Minotaur are humanoids with the head of a bull.
Physical Description Compared to humans, Minotaur are large, muscular creatures. A typical minotaur may be as many as 7 feet tall (not including horns. Both males and females have a pair of horns, though their sizes may vary. Short hair, ranging from black, brown, or white, covers their entire body. Many Minotaur adorn either their horns or long ears with jewelry.
Society Minotaur nearly always live in large groups with a clear hierarchy. When authority isn’t clear, minotaur prefer to remove all doubt with contests. This may be in the form of skill-based competitions, athletic contests, or combat.
Puzzles abound in taurine society. Minotaur enjoy working out puzzles, knots, complex devices, and other difficult games. Large villages and cities often have at least one large labyrinth intended for entertainment purposes.
Minotaur are among the most technologically advanced race. High a-top their mountainous homes they are believed to hold a variety of secrets. It is only here that good quality firearms are produced and possibly the secret of airship engineering.
Military and Combat Minotaur typically engage enemies in small groups. They are patient before combat; slowly leading their prey into unfavorable terrain, traps, or mazes. As soon as they have the advantage, minotaur charge into battle without further thought. Minotaur are often called to defend their homes from giants. In these cases, a number of small groups band together to ward off their foes. Veterans of these battles often employ over-sized weapons as a sign of success & power.
Military training typically occurs in advanced labyrinths. Unlike their civilian counterpart, these structures are created solely to train deadly soldiers. Here minotaur learn the combination of patience and brutality that other races know them for.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits : Minotaur are strong of body and mind, but lack the refinement present in other races. They gain +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, but -2 Charisma.
- Size : Minotaur are medium creatures, with no penalties or bonuses due to their size
- Type : Minotaur are humanoids with the Taurine subtype.
- Base Speed : Minotaur have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages : Minotaur begin play with the Taurine language. Those with high Intelligence scores may have other languages
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Labyrinth Trained : +2 to Knowledge(Dungeoneering) regarding environments or structures made by intelligent creatures
- Natural Attack: Horn : Minotaur have a set of horns, granting them a primary natural weapon that deals 1d6 piercing damage.
- Minotaur’s Charge : Any time a Minotaur hits an enemy with a charge, they may attempt a bull rush as a free action. This bull rush attempt incurs an attack of opportunity unless the Minotaur also has the Improved Bull Rush feat.
- Darkvision : Minotaur can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Maze Senses :Minotaur with a Wisdom score of 10 or higher automatically gain Detect Secret Doors as a spell-like ability usable at will.
- Mountianeer: Minotaur are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when climbing or using Acrobatics to cross narrow or slippery surfaces
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Fighter : Gain +1/2 attack during surprise rounds or when attacking an enemy who has not yet acted in combat.
- Gunslinger : Gain +1 on Craft checks to repair, restore, or craft firearms.
- Rogue: Add +1/2 bonus to the Trap Sense ability
- Wizard: Gain +1/2 on checks to dispel magic traps.